Tuesday, January 27, 2009

MONSTER TRUCKS!!

Kelly writes: Every year for the past several years I've always taken the family to see the monster truck show. In recent years only the boys have gone with me. Last year (01/08) I got seats up high (3rd tier) on purpose to be able to see the whole field at once. We got these great seats directly behind home plate on the second row. After the show tickets went on sale at midnight for the 2009 show. I picked the 3 tier best available and to my utter amazement I got the exact same seats!! It was incredible! Unfortunately this year for some reason there were no ticket sales at midnight and I can't find a listing anywhere for a 2010 show... bummer, I was wishing for a threepeate.


Christmas came early for me this year, January early, I was on a waiting list for a new Canon 5D camera with 21mp and it can shoot HD video. About a week ago I got the call and had 24hrs to pick it up or it would go to someone else. There are hundreds of photographers on the list but I got bumped up because I'm a regular customer at Tempe Camera and they only get in a few a month. You can't find this camera anywhere.

Anyway... I took it with me to the show to play with it. The pictures were great, but I'm no videographer... yet...


I was amazed I didn't even get checked at the gate, They don't allow video or professional cameras in. My camera bag can roll like luggage and I had Lynden sitting on it holding on like a stick horse to the handle. Security was checking all the ladies handbags, but let us straight on it, even let me use the handicap entrance like I had a stroller or something.

I was a little disappointed in this years show however, not a lot of destruction during the freestyle exhibition. I wonder if they were told to tone it down a bit because a young boy was killed by flying debris at a previous show in Washington. A better reason to have high seats. The video I'm trying to post is of a replay on the Jumbo tron of about the only action there. However I had to compress it so much to upload to the web that it's really jittery




This truck has the cab on backwards to make it look like he's driving in reverse all the time. You have to keep telling your mind this because it really does look like he is.


Spanky Spangler doing a stunt, I wish I was a split second later with the shutter.



The little ones did have ear plugs but they both kept their hands over their ears as well. Lynden did it even when it was only the announcer speaking.







1 comment:

Jaime and Brent said...

Great Pictures! I am jealous. It must be nice that Kelly remembered his camera. Maybe I can steel some of your pictures.:)