Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Lynden

The other day Lynden disappeared, as he has in the past... Kelly & Tyler were gone, but the rest of us looked for him everywhere. We checked all his usual hiding spots, including the pantry, where he's been known to hide and sneak treats and play in the flour. Then we starting checking every closet, under beds, in showers, the entire backyard... etc. After about 20 minutes I noticed that the garage door was open and soon we were scouring the neighborhood with the help of our neighbors. Just as the police were arriving to help in the search, Niels found him underneath a tiny decorator table eating lemonade mix! The little booger just sat under there eating handfuls of lemonade powder while we desperately looked for him and called him repeatedly! We were all relieved and I think the whole experience took about 5 years off my life!

2 comments:

Jaime and Brent said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I am so sorry. Boys can be such stinkers. I am so sorry that you had to call the police. I am glad that we found Kaleb before it came to that. Maybe these boys need a long leash.

Jeni said...

WOW! That's scary! One time I took my little brother, Tyler, with me to water plants at a neighbors house and I FORGOT him! 1 hour later we found him sleeping in the neighbor's house. I can't believe it but I didn't even get in trouble. My parents and the police officers were just glad he was ok. Glad Lynden was alright as well!